The company had a 30+ year homegrown ERP system that was hard to maintain and didn’t meet business demands. To mitigate these issues and improve the process, the customer was set to decommission the legacy system and transition all related business processes to SAP S/4HANA. As part of this, the customer needed to migrate all existing open sales orders from the legacy system to SAP S/4HANA.
The main challenges:
- Large amount of orders and fulfillment cases
- Each case required individual migration approach and technical solution
- Complex data profiling, extraction, and transformation
- Many dependencies in the upstream and downstream systems that require subsequent corrections
- Very short downtime window for production load
The project team created a set of projects using the DataLark platform to accommodate the highly complex migration scenarios. The process didn’t require coding, as DataLark already comes with pre-build plugins and connectors that can be easily utilized for orchestrating the required data extraction, transformation and upload steps. The approach ensured data integrity across the entire environment comprising multiple interconnected systems and applications.
The project's primary goal was to migrate all open sales orders from the legacy sales management system to SAP S/4HANA (in US and Canada) in a phased manner.