SAP S/4HANA Migration Options
DataLark is a perfect solution for the Brownfield, Greenfield, and Bluefield approaches of migration to SAP S/4HANA.
Data Migration Challenges
Complex legacy IT landscape and change impact
The legacy landscape may encompass everything from old mainframes to homegrown databases, interconnected with complex interfaces and SAP systems. Documentation may be non-existent, and key staff may be close to retirement. It brings many challenges related to understanding the actual project scope and assessing the real impact of the migration to the new system.
Incomplete knowledge of the source data
Obsolete, missing, invalid, or inconsistent legacy data can result in poor source data quality and inefficient data management. It can cause ripple effects in the target SAP S/4HANA system and the downstream applications. A good understanding of the source data and data cleansing are the critical components of a successful Data Migration approach.
Poor data mapping
When source data comes from non-SAP systems, the data structure of the legacy source system differs from the target SAP S/4HANA system. The source data has to be correctly mapped to the target data structures. This process may also involve data transformation affecting hundreds of fields. Data mapping and transformation are considered the most difficult steps of the migration process.
Lack of testing and validation
Testing is essential at every stage of the migration process, but comprehensive testing often takes a backseat to other concerns. Skipping or delaying testing can allow incorrect data to be moved into the new system and lead to catastrophic business consequences. Just because a record is loaded doesn't mean it is correct.
Use of disparate migration tools and techniques
The migration process involves data selection, preparation, extraction, transformation, and uploading of appropriate data to the target system. To achieve good results, all these steps and involved technologies must be integrated into a holistic and integrated solution. Using disparate technologies can lead to data quality and integrity failure.
DataLark is a LeverX software solution that provides an easy-to-use application for data migration and integration needs, both on-premise and in the cloud. It allows you to connect to any data source, extract data in any desirable format, transform it, and then map it to the target SAP or non-SAP system in the necessary format and structure.
- Data migration
- Data integration
- Data consolidation
- Data validation
- Migration (on-premise and cloud) from an existing SAP system to SAP S/4HANA
- Migration from a legacy system to SAP
- Merger & Acquisition Data Migration
- Definition of data governance standards and policies to ensure data availability, integration, quality, security, proper usage, etc.
- Data architecture design to govern how data is captured, integrated, stored, analyzed, and used
- Data cleansing activities & data enrichment
- Extraction from multiple sources and propagation to various destinations
- Event- and rule-driven synchronous and asynchronous exchange
- Data consolidation from disparate data sources with extract, transform, load (ETL) or extract, load, transform (ELT) processes
- Enabling data consistency and quality across transactional and business intelligence systems with data profiling, data deduplication, and standardization
- Transferring data from other systems to your SAP system
- Extensive logging capabilities
- Simulation mode for additional data verification in the pre-production environment
- Regular data quality assurance
- Design and implementation of the BI and data analytics infrastructure and reporting to maximize data-driven decision-making
Request a Demo
Feel the Benefit of DataLark by LeverX
DataLark has been designed and developed based on our deep expertise and understanding of data migration processes. Get the most out of this all-in-one tool to deliver your SAP S/4HANA migration project in the shortest time.
Industries We Serve
Data Migration Stages With DataLark
DataLark allows you to map any fields from the target and source data objects, create any complex migration scenarios, and save them as projects. SAP S/4HANA migration with DataLark is an integrated and streamlined solution that accounts for all key steps of the migration process.